February brings with it a host of emotions, depending on which relationship-hemisphere your love life lands you. There's nothing sweeter than a first romance, and nothing more gut wrenching than a bad breakup. But here at the Library Shop, we've got the secret to life-long love and happiness... look no further than your bookshelf! Each volume can bring you closer to that nirvana than any dumb first date who doesn't text you back will (isn't that right, Alex?!).
Now we're not saying you need to cheat on your book soul mate, if you've found your one and only. But what is love without a little trust? I know my faded copy of the Neverending Story will always be there for me, patiently waiting on my shelf like the giving tree, ready for when I need it.
But--hey--you're still young and cute! Play the field a little! We've got a selection of sweep-you-off-your-feet books waiting to be unwrapped for a swoon-worthy blind date. Each selection flew under the radar of mass popularity, but we love them all. In the totally succinct and not at all crazy sounding words of James Joyce, "love loves to love love." Take a chance at love with a book you haven't met yet!*
All the books are available for purchase online and in the shop. No peeking until you've sealed the deal with a receipt!
- Dark family secrets
- Rich luminous narrative
- An unraveling of self
- Eastern European setting
- Mysticism and storytelling confront reality and science
- Murder, speakeasies, and gangsters
- Unreliable narrator???
- Vicious flapper frenemies
A whodunit that will leave you reeling
- A love story for book lovers
- Engrossing detail, vividly written
- Reflections on humanity and individuality
- A book to be savored
- Urban fantasy cold-war-esque setting
- Clashing cultures and belief systems
- Tough-as-nails female lead
- Imaginative world building and complex characters
- Dead Gods
- Historical Crime Fighting Fiction
- Appendix of primary source documents
- Hilarious footnote bonanza
- Computer science and female badassery
*Of course, if you have read the selection, we are happy to take it back and make other suggestions. We know some of you are experts at the game of book-love. More power to ya!